Assalamualaikum
Before I go deep into the post, please know, that as of now, I haven't fully commit to the thing that I'll be writing in this post, because, well, it's hard. You'll know why. I could have kept it to myself and live naively as if no one has ever told me about this, but, I don't know man, this new information made me think a lot about the time we live in right now and I don't want you, my friends, to be deprived of this information. So let's get enlightened together okay?
So here goes,
We live in a time where uploading life updates on social media is a norm. Everyone wants to share what's happening in their life with their friends and followers.
Nothing wrong with that right?
But Yasmin Mogahed recently made me think that it's not as ok as we think it is. During her "A Filtered Life" session, she asked us this,
"Is it permissable for a boy to know what's happening in another girl, a non mahram's life and vice versa?"
Sentap sis.
While trying to go with the flow and keep up with the world, we forget one important thing Allah thought us,
"Lower your gaze,"
***
It's hard right! I mean, before I attended the session, it had never crossed my mind that stalking, or simply following someone could contradict the rule of "to lower your gaze,".
I am not in any way writing this here to condemn how anyone manage their account, heck I don't even know what's right what's wrong. Just be careful okay? Be completely aware and in control of what we're putting out there for the world to see.
May we be blessed always <3
Post a Comment