Assalamualaikum
As cliche as it is, I have only this to say for 2019, it's the year I found myself. I know myself best so I know for a fact that I am currently the best version of myself since 1990. Everything is at its proper place. I am emotionally stable, I am healthier (though still fat), and above all, my relationship with Allah, it's at its best (so far!). I talked to Allah regularly, I even keep a "Dear Allah" journal to just tell Him about my days, my heart is really full.
This year, I focus more on reclaiming my heart. It's a natural process I guess, after I continuously broke my own heart for the past two years, I was a wrecked. Looking back, "amendeeee la perangai ntah pape, ingat kau sorang je suffering?. -____________- The fact is, I was too focus on everything temporary that I forget what's permanent. I rely too much on the creation that I forget the Creator. My shopping habit was at it's worst too, worst than what I like to admit. The thing is, everything cliche that people tell you about the danger of shopping is true. Cliche is cliche for a reason. Shopping, owning stuff, the happiness doesn't last long. Once you buy your dream anything, you'll move on to the next item pretty quickly, in the end, "material things" became your master.
I am happy to report, I am a changed woman in 2019!!!!! I deserve an award for surviving the recent sale frenzy in the past months. 11.11, Cyber Monday, Black Friday, 12.12, YES, Holiday sale, I survived them all!!!! If you don't understand why this is a big deal, you're not my friend lol. (Hint: I once bought 4 pairs of sneakers because they were on sale) . I rarely shop for clothes too, nowadays, I have so much fun altering my existing clothes and playing mix and match with them. Yeay, to a debt free life in 2020!
Coming back to the initial story, if I can offer you, my friends a piece of advice on how to have a successful 2020, it's to keep a "Dear Allah," journal. Basically it's like a normal journal, but this time, you start with "Dear Allah," and the tone of you writing, it should be as if you're writing to Allah. The experience would leave you speechless. I usually read my journals at the end of the year, this year was no exception. I was so shocked to realise, whatever little things I wrote in the journal, Allah had eased everything. Like the time I wished for a smooth KT process, indeed, it was smooth! and many more. Having the journal made me realised that despite my flaws, Allah has been so generous to me there is really no limit. The journal keeps my heart in check, it helps me put importance on what's permanent, and it helps me be grateful always. I hope it'll give you the same effect. <3
Happy New Year dear family and friends. May you have a good life here and in the hereafter. <3
Post a Comment