Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE

Friday, December 13, 2019


Assalamualaikum

Do you know how I feel about the phrase "I don't have a choice?"

Bullshit.

Everyone has a choice. Everyone make one everyday. 

Do you need to wake up? No. You choose to wake up. Do you need to pray? No. You choose to pray. Only breathing comes naturally but even so, I would phrase it like this, "you choose to breathe because you know if you don't breathe you'll die,"


 We choose what we want to do with our life. In regards to our respond to things, nothing is out of our control. You pray because you have to? No. You choose to pray because you love God. You have no choice when your parents force you to take that course? No. It was your choice to take the course because you fear your parents. You have no choice but to stay in a sinking relationship that everyone wants you to be in? Oh no babe no, you choose to stay in that relationship to please everyone. There is no such thing as "tak ada kekuatan nak tolak....auranya masyaallah", you choose to get into the mess!

You made those choices, you are responsible for it. Never ever blame "takdir" for it.

"Allah will not change the condition of a person until they change what is in themselves" 3:11
One very common situation people use "I don't have a choice" around me is when it comes to parents. The conversation normally goes like this, "I have to do _______________. My parents want me to/counting on me. You don't understand, they'll be disappointed if I don't,". Ah babe, if it is something that you can tolerate, go ahead, do it, but if it is something that you know you won't, I mean, you know yourself best, there are things that you know you'll never be content with, don't do it. We have to understand, while all parents want the best for their children, parents are human too. They make mistakes too. They make bad choices too. So it's okay to say no if you don't want to. Sure, it might upset them but gives our parents the credit they deserve, they love us no matter what, they'll come around. There is this thing call "chain of choices,". The thing is, sometimes, choices is irreversible. Sometimes, it's something that you have to live with for the rest of your life. I hope, at that time, if you choose your parents over you, don't blame them for your own miserableness. You made that choice so take the responsibility for it till the end.

***

Have you watched Parasite? If you haven't you should. The people in the movie are not bad people but they keep making wrong choices that eventually _______________________________.

Post a Comment