Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

REZEKI

Saturday, February 1, 2020


Assalamualaikum

I have this stuck in my mind yesterday,

Everyone knows how much I love shopping, although I try to change and has indeed improve from my previous self, the problem is still there. I am still a shopaholic. If I am to be completely honest here, I saw no problem in it. It is my own money, that I worked hard to earn, why can't I spend it however I want? But when someone decided to say something like "poor people are poor because they're lazy," I started to ponder, is it though?

While this might be true in very small cases (yang ni memang geram je tengok), I still saw two grabfood riders making their way from Rawang to KL to work, a grab driver leaving home on Friday for the airport and work till Monday, construction workers working under the hot sun, a billing accountant doing transactional job with minimal salary on OT, a QS executive working full day from Monday to Saturday while only earning RM2,100, an IT help desk analyst working a 12 hours shift with no promotion not because he's not eligible but because the career ladder for that particular job is slow, a design engineer with no increment after 4 years; all of these people work hard, some even work harder than me, if effort translate to good salary, shouldn't all these people get paid more than what they're getting?

With all that have been said, I realise something. I don't have the right to brag. I did nothing. Everything that I have at the moment, they were all from the opportunities after opportunities that were given to me at a particular point in time. I didn't search for my first job. A brochure of a new working scholarship landed on our desk during our final examination in uni. I did nothing again for my current job, Fath approached me when she got to know I resigned from my previous job without any plan. More opportunities present itself later on.

By definition, I am a "lazy" person but I survive because I got helped. Now I started to think everyone else is like me too. They're rich because they got helped. (p/s: I am not downplaying everyone's hard work to reach where we are now but we shouldn't overplaying it either. We don't become successful based on our hard work alone. Circumstances and other people helped us too)

Lepas tu apa? how dare I used the money for myself? shopping on useless stuff? dengan takde rasa bersalahnya T_________T Now I started to see all this as a test. I was blessed with good money, God gave me the money for a reason, when the time comes for me to go back to Him, will I tell Him proudly that I've accomplished His mission? or will I shamefully fail?


When talking about distributing money, a lot of us like to think far. Now, which NGO should I donate my money to? Which cause should I volunteer to? That is so great keep doing that if you're already doing it, but don't overlook people that's close to us, our family and friends. I'm lucky that I have so many good people around me that I can look up too and tiru what they're already doing. One of my colleague keeps buying stuff for her nieces and nephews to ease the burden of their parents, one of my friends help stock her parents fridge every Saturday, another take her grandmother to the clinic every Saturday, another cooked for her brother and many more small little things that you can do for people close to you.

May God ease everything for us. <3

Post a Comment