Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

DISCOVERY: THE QUIET LIFE

Thursday, April 2, 2020


Assalamualaikum

Interestingly, my YouTube consumption depends heavily on my mood. Funny videos for when I am lonely, funny videos and deep videos for when I am sad, doodle and cooking videos when I am bored, quiet videos when I am feeling overwhelmed and when I am happy, random videos would do.

Guess what I have been consuming this past few days;

Quiet videos.




The world is just too noisy nowadays don't you think? There is this thing called too much; and too much of anything can really make you sick. So if you're like me, and want something quiet and calming, I thought I'd share with you YouTube pages that I love in this category:

My ultimate favourite is haegreendal.


She's a stay at home mom with a part time job as an artist I think, because sometime she posted about her drawing deadline. On why she's my favourite, her editing, the aesthetic of it, it's so relaxing. The level of calmness I feel from just watching her video, if I can try to describe it in words, my brain go "aaahhh~~" as if it was being relieve from something.

The next one that I am really excited to introduce to you is Nyangsoop



She's a 25 years old living the best life she can in her own country home. I love love love love her house. Someone commented "these kind of videos make me feel that the world is still a safe place," it could not be more true. I feel good knowing that somewhere, someplace, someone is living this kind of life. Plus, I am bias because we're MBTI geng, INFJ :P

To add to that, I would also like to introduce you to Rhea Y.



I love her because she is more relatable and real compared to the ones above. She shares about real everyday stuff (She even share her salary if that is not the realest thing ever I don't know what is). I am not saying others are fake, don't twist it like that haha, I am just saying that I can relate more with a person who has a 9-5 job, live in the city and use a phone to record. haha. Why the last bit is important? It somehow inspire people, or at least me, to just do it. You don't have to wait for a fancy camera or equipment to create videos, everyone has a phone, just start.

Another person who shoots with a phone is Ella


This is the step by step of how she record and edit her video. To be honest, I am amazed by the level of quality videos she can produce from just a phone. You don't know how tough it is. The screen is small. the videos is small, the words are small and if you have jari gemuk, that's an even bigger problem. Normally, even if someone shoot with her phone, editing will always be done from a computer. This proves that you don't even need a computer to edit. So, alasan apa lagi nak bagi?

Honorary mention goes to Seuddu 


Her vlog is different than the rest in a sense the it's not brown or cream or wood, if I can give her videos a theme, it would be modern, the modern grey colour, the movie like tone. How can someone edit like that?

***

There is a lot more of similar content on YouTube, seriously if you have time to explore them, your eyes and mind is in for a treat. Most of them are made by korean and japanese, I am yet to find similar concept from another country. A really good attempt was made by a girl in her university I think she'll get here someday. Aida Azlin, the girl who needs no introduction, started to experiment with her video format as well this year and I love it I hope she continue with this format.

Happy binge watching guys, till later <3

Post a Comment