Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

FIRST VLOG

Saturday, May 30, 2020


Assalamualaikum

Fact: I miss compiling videos. I miss the feeling of having a finished product after hours of compiling random videos. I used to only compile my travel videos until I realised I was glorifying holidays too much. Is my everyday life not as interesting as my life during travelling? It probably is hahaha but it's definitely not unimportant. My daily, mundane, boring life is also as important if not more crucial for my existence. So this year, I started this monthly instastory series where I compile random videos that I shot for the month into several seconds of instastory video. Unfortunately, with the MCO, that plan was put on a halt too. My last instastory video was in March. T-T

Fast forward to today, this happen...


I feel more alive than I've been in months! I love how this turns out. I mean, yes, I still have lots of areas I need to improve on but for now, I just want to appreciate the fact that I started creating again. ❤ anddddd can we also appreciate that this was shot and edited on my phone. My still working Iphone 7!

***

I love keeping memories and to share good stuff that I learn/encounter. It's the very same reason why this blog exist. However, I am also very shy in a way that I don't like to be in front of the camera and I don't like attention. I initially thought that you have to be pretty to vlog. I mean, come onnnn, look at how pretty and fashionable all the vloggers are. Little did I know, I was limiting myself to only specific type of content on youtube. This year, silent vlogs keeps popping up on my Youtube recommendation and boy was I surprised. It's a whole different community out there. The community of "headless" (only show half of their body) vloggers and "silent" (speaks through caption) vlogger. 

I thought to myself, "eh this is doable," (me and my never ending over confident)

Now that I think this is doable, I need to choose my audience. This is my "like to share good stuff" persona. As shy as I am, idokla nak syok sendiri, sendiri upload, sendiri je view. If that's the case I might as well not upload it anywhere. If that's the case I should just keep it on my computer. 

However, even this is not easy. I wanted to share but I don't want people to be forced to consume my content. Unfortunately, that is what instagram is. As long as you're my follower, you will be fed my content, regardless you want it or not. Of course, you can always unfollow people but even that is a little bit complicated than it seems. That is a whole different blog post, i'll write about it someday. So yup, at this point, I don't want to continue my monthly instastory series. Hence the decision to upload on youtube.

Unlike any other social media, for both this blog and my youtube page, you consume my content because you want to. For whatever reason, you're here because you care about me enough to know what I have been up to/ what I love to share. I am not a famous blogger/vlogger, never I intended to become one, my circle is really really small and I love this small circle of mine ❤ I guess what I am really saying is, thank you for liking my content enough to keep coming back ❤


P/S: I am into plants these days, expect more plant content. 

Post a Comment