Assalamualaikum
Looking at the bright side, fixing my relationship with my Terendak girls is among the best thing that has come out of this pandemic.
No. We did not putus kawan or anything but you know, the classic happened, we drifted apart, although it was not our intention to make it go this bad, life sort of got in the way, everyone got married, have kids, or in my case I've been busy with work and travel, Anut moves to JB, scheduling meet up got harder and harder. In the end, everyone just stop trying.
Since I can only speak for myself, if I am being real, at least for me, I stopped trying because I don't want to disturb them, they all have their own little family now, Whenever things happened, I did not reached out because I didn't want to add my problem to their already full plate. It's Lily and Marshall's "8 or higher rule". Although, if I pay close attention to the series, I would have known that the rule has serious flaw, it pushes people apart. Plus, this shows how narcissistic I was. I wasn't the only one struggling, my friends are struggling too. By not reaching out to each other, all of us were left alone (well not really alone, but without each other) in our trying times.
Then comes MCO. Although my other relationships suffer, things got better with my girls. We reconnected over our new hobbies and interest; tending plants, jamu, house decor, skin care, hair care, the list goes onnn. We met each other so much more this past month, more than the last 5 years combined! We have salon date, dessert date, shopping date, enough said, we're best friends again.
Now, if only Anut can move to the central... 😋

Post a Comment