Assalamualaikum. :)
HI!
As mention here, I had recently started reading and to my surprise, I kinda like it. Ever since ‘Coolhunters’, i’d read five novels. Five are nothing? For someone like me, five are impressive. That 5, make me a reader again. I am not that brainless, ignorant girl anymore.
This is the 3rd novel I read. And I don’t like the main character. I will never like someone like him. A husband who thinks it’s ok to cheat as long as it meant nothing. A husband who thinks it’s ok to cheat because his wife wasn’t as cheerful, as beautiful, as she used to be. A husband who thinks it’s ok to cheat because things weren’t the same as before they had children. A husband who regrets marrying you, when he is the one who begs you to marry him in the first place. And above all, a husband who thinks his wife is making a big deal about him cheating when it meant nothing. One quick question, how would you feel if your wife cheats on you? Would you say ‘it’s ok. No big deal’?
This is the latest novel I read. And it touches me the most. Before, when I was watching Life Unexpected, I do not understand why Cate and Baze freak out when Lux were dating her teacher. He’s hot kot! Ermmm errmm. And kind. there’s nothing wrong! He loves her, she loves him. Couldn’t they just be lover?
Then I read this book. And I was like woooooaaaa scary. It gives me a clear cut answer as why, when an adult, ‘did it’ with an underage girl, it’s considered rape, even though the girl agrees to it. Because girls are vulnerable. Easily manipulated. Virgin. And grown up man have lots of experience. They know who to pick.
One important thing I learn from this book is I need to talk to someone. About everything. No matter how shameful it is. And then, I need to listen to their advice. I MUST. Bak kata orang tua-tua ‘CINTA ITU BUTA’ . so any judgment I made during the period cannot be trusted. Because I’ve been blinded. Blinded by love.
Besides, ever heard Zee Avi’s ‘no wonder lah my friends pun tak suka you’.
And not all good looking guys are good guys. NOT ALL. Definitely not the sweet talker.
I want to talk more about this book but it gives me goose bump just thinking about it. You got to read it yourself. It’s about how a good looking teacher, raped and abused two beautiful young girls. You must read it. It’s worth it.
Ayu laughed at me when I told her I was reading. told ya they won't believe me.
p/s : Big Bang’s comeback is on the way! :) and I saw one fancam where a fangirl pushed T.O.P. , just to give Daesung a letter. Fans are saying she’s stupid. How could she pushed T.O.P., the HANDSOME T.O.P. , the CHARISMATIC T.O.P. , for Daesung. I feel you girl. I might do the same thing. Not that I have anything against T.O.P., I like his voice, he is probably the best rapper I’ve ever heard, but I like funnier one better. And I’m bias when it comes to someone with big, amazing voice. Plus, I’m loyal to all F.O. season 1 cast :D
Every random little things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)


Post a Comment