Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Basic skincare routine (rutin asas untuk penjagaan kulit)

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Assalamualaikum. :)

I am not an organised person. I wish I am but I'm not. I make timetable, reminders, to-do-lists more than normal people do but I seldom follow them.

a routine is something that I will not consistently follow and that includes skincare routine.

---

One morning, I looked into the mirror and was shocked at the image of a dull, dark, eyebagy me. I even started seeing jeragat on my face. T.T

No I am not that beauty obsess girl/woman who jumps every time she sees a spot on her face. no I am not. but at least, I want to look healthy. I don't want people to assume that I am having a tough life just from the way I look. So when someone ask me recently,

"Kesiannya awak. busy eh sekarang? muka penat je"
I know I have to take actions. This definitely can not go on. I can't have people blaming my job when it was me who makes myself look miserable.

So for the past two weeks, I have been diligently following basic skincare routine that I've googled and saved in my laptop years ago but never follow.

Alhamdulillah, the result is pretty good. The white bintik become smaller and no longer visible, my nose is no longer darker than the rest of the area, my skin tone starts to even out and my face become smoother!

I like the changes.

For this, I have Skin Food to thank too. It does wonders to my skin.

---

My basic skincare routine using Skin Food's products. (after work)

1. Remove my make up.

I use BB cream. Since I have read reviews a lot, I know that a lot of people had experience breakout from wearing BB cream. BB cream contains something strong (to know more please google it yourself, I am too lazy to google it again =D ) which normal cleansing foam can't remove. Therefore, you need a make up remover. I use Skin Food's wildberry milk cleansing cream.


I've been using this for two years now. I buy this one because it's cheap. well, 2 years ago I was a student, what do you expect.

For lazy people : If you don't remove your make up entirely at the end of the day, the residue will clog you pores and cause jeragat which is bad! jeragats are almost impossible to remove. Once you have it, you have it. ok maybe not impossible, but it's hard!

2. Clean your face with a cleansing foam/cream/oil.

This is basic. Use whatever face soap you like as long as you wash your face. I use Skin Food's carrot cleansing foam. This one is new to my collection but so far, I like it.


Preferably use with lukewarm water. It will open your pores and helps clean it better.

For lazy people : If you're too lazy to do double cleansing, you can just buy cleanser that combine both function, to remove make up and clean your pores. Skin food has it. but I like to do double cleansing. It gives me more time to pamper my skin. :)

3. Close your pores using toner (optional)

Cleansing open your pores. to close it back you may use toner. or to save time, you can just splash your  face with cold water. Yeah, splash it like tv commercial model. :)


I do both. I splashed cold water and use toner. again, I like pampering my skin.

4. Use emulsion and serum 

A lot of people have been asking this. what's the difference between emulsion and serum?

Watery Berry Emulsion

Emulsion : Fix your skin on the surface. It's a moisturiser. It fix the outer layer of your skin.

Best if you use product that moisturise your skin. This is actually a very important step. Nowadays, we spent a lot of our time sitting inside rooms with air conditioners. Without realising it, our skin tends to dehydrate faster than before. Dry skin is a no no. It makes you look unhealthy.

Watery Berry Serum

Serum : Fix your skin from within. It goes deep into your pores and fix any problem you have deep there. This one depends. You can change your serum depending on what you want to fix.

Example, let say you have dull skin, use serum that brighten (not to be confuse with whiten) your skin.

as you can see, I use Watery Berry set for moisture as my skin is super dry these days.

5. Exfoliate once a week.

This is super important! It helps get rid of those dead skin cells to avoid them from blocking your pores. Why once a week? well it actually depends on your skin type. If you have oily skin, you may need to exfoliate more contrary to people with sensitive skin who needs to exfoliate less.

As for me, I do it once a week because weekend is the only time I have to over pamper my skin. Tak boleh selalu sangat pamper, nanti mengada.


Strawberry Black Sugar Mask. This one is also new to my collection. I used to use the famous Skin Food's Black Sugar Mask but you add strawberries to that, yummy!

---

Skin care products were never fun before I know Skin Food. Who knows that taking care of your skin can be this delicious!

Post a Comment