Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Time management

Monday, February 9, 2015

I have a friend where if you want to meet her at 4 pm, you have to tell her the meeting is at 3 pm because she will always be late. Sometimes, even with the buffer time given, she’s still late. 

And I have a friend who’s always on time. Not even one minute late. 

Me? 

I am punctual for something that’s important to me. If it’s not, I don’t really care. 

Which I realise today, how selfish was that. 

Today, I set up an appointment with someone at 1 pm and that person shows up at 1.20 pm. To be honest, I was angry. I am sacrificing my lunch time to meet that person and she’s late! Whaaatttt! 

In my head I was like, 

‘I would never do it to someone else!’ 

The demon in me must had yelled so loud in my head till it annoyed my good side who counterattack with a, 

‘REALLY? NEVER? ARE YOU 100% SURE?’ 

eerrrr no. 

I’ve been late before. A lot of time. 

Why can I do that to someone else’s precious time but when they do it to me, I got angry? 

Who am I? 

Why are my times more important than them? 

*rotan diri sendiri* 

Today, I realise the importance of treating someone else how you want to be treated. Then, whenever someone does something bad to you, you can proudly say ‘You would never do it to them!’ hehe. 

Oh ya, remember the friend I mentioned earlier? The one who’s never late? Whenever we agree to meet, I’ll always try to be punctual because I know she respect me enough to keep her word.

Indirectly, she gets treated how she wants it by treating me the way she wants to be treated. 

It’s really that simple. 

 Friends, please pray that I’ll at least make an effort to change. :) 

Assalamualaikum.

Post a Comment