Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

BUDGET TRIP TO SEOUL - SUMMER (PERCUTIAN BUDGET KE SEOUL - MUSIM PANAS) : JONGMYO SHRINE

Sunday, December 20, 2015


Hi.

Jongmyo Shrine
Get off at Jongno-3(sam)-ga Station (Line 1, Line 3, Line 5 – Exit 7)

Jongmyo Shrine is the supreme shrine of the state where the tables of royal ancestors are enshrined and memorial services are performed for deceased kings and queens.....


totally copied that from this board of course..I zoomed in for you guys already my dear lazy readers. :P Speaking of which, it surprises me that some of my blog readers are actually my picture-reading friends. You know, people that look ONLY at pictures on magazine and books..never read a word..but they read every single word that I wrote here...awwwwww you love me that much hah? :P

and speaking of reading, it's REALLY important to READ SIGNS at sensitive places like this. For this place, one big Don'ts that I know of is "Don't step at the ermmm...errrr....pathway? aaa I show you the picture


The small pathway behind Atin. Can you see? The one's slightly higher...yeah, don't walk on it...don't even think of stepping on it..how I know this? I read the sign is what my answer should be but no...I learn from experience. We walked on it and got scolded very intensely by this one group of Ahjummas. #lessondrillinhead

One thing I love about Korea is how much they value history and the effort they put in to preserve it...History and culture differentiate one country from another. People nowadays are always so eager to demolish buildings to build polish new ones but the thing is, it's not unique. Every country has polish new building..what's the attraction? Take our Pudu Prison for example. Wouldn't it be cool to preserve it and make it one of our tourist attraction? #sad

and old building photographs well too!


I mean look at this wall. The minute I see it I was like OMG so perfect for a profile picture! This is by far, the best picture I have for my narcissism moment. hehe bagi can la.


Like any good museum, they have a video room for you to learn more about this place and the kings here but we were just three very less history enthusiastic people so we just walk around and took pictures instead.



The spirit chamber


their doors make a good profile picture too!



Another thing I love about Korea is their friendly tech savvy old people. Can you believe that this picture was taken by a very old harabuji (grand father). It's not bad right?

Post a Comment