Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

STAGE FRIGHT

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Assalamualaikum

Several months ago (super overdue!),  my lead asked me to help her with one of her process improvement project. BSN (Balance Sheet Notes) consolidation macro. Our General Accounting and Tax department works differently. GA is segment based whereas Tax is entity based. So, technically, when preparing balance sheet schedules for auditor, Tax accountants have to open every segments BSN then consolidate them manually, one by one, for each account. Very inefficient. Our project is supposed to solve that.

It was not a big deal, at first. Until our HOD heard of our project and love it. She was super excited to share it with everyone. Seriously. She pushed us to finalise the macro urgently andddddddd, what was supposed to be only macro introduction training  turned so much bigger! Get this, I have to present the macro to all the leads, in lead's ONLY meeting!

I was very nervous....but I kind of love it...It somehow feels like a #throwback to my uni days where presentations were part of our every day routine. I prepared the slide, my speech...I even insert some jokes here and there...I was confident I'm going to nail this.

Until, the D-day,

I panicked!!!! Instead of me in Uni, I become me in MRSM!!! I blew the whole thing! What was supposed to be a moment to shine are now gone forever. -____________________-

hide me somewhere please?

Post a Comment