Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Reading List: July 2016

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Assalamualaikum



Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................................................... I think this book is overrated? there I said it. It's overrated. Don't get me wrong, it's an ok book with ok narration, its just...I don't think this book is best-selling material. I mean if it is a best-selling, you'd expect your mind to go keebaboommm and make you realise how wrong/right you've been living your whole life. but this one, hmmmmm. I mean, most of us adult would have already known all that were highligted. one person wrote this review on Goodreads,

"SPOILET ALERT! I am going to save anyone who thinks they need to read this book time & money by summarising the entire book in the next two sentences: Things change. Learn to adapt."



Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin


One day, since I was bored, I randomly picked this book from Dik Yah's bookshelf and I was super excited to learn that this book has been made into a movie starring Ginnifer Goodwin! *girlcrushmodeon*. I haven't seen the movie yet but I can clearly picture Ginnifer playing Rachel...beautiful with adorable smile, it's definitely her! However, as much as I love her, I can't say that I enjoy the book. The overall plot is a mess...and for me, it's morally wrong and here's why:

1. Rachel is a 30 years old successful, career woman. I can't believe that at 30, this woman still succumb to bullying. I mean, haven't you had enough already? Most people would have escape Darcy-kind-of-friend by that age. I ditched mine at 9! (will blog about this soon). She's a pushover. It took her 30 years to realise what she had with Darcy is not real friendship...if that 'mistake' never happen, she would have let Dex be Darcy's forever!

2. I know that Rachel is the main character of the book and almost all main characters get their happy ending, some writers even forgo logic and common sense. With this book, Emily Giffin forgo moral values and trust between us, muggles. To help Rachel gets her happily ever after, she kept pushing that it's ok to sleep with your best friend's fiance if your best friend is a b***h. Defend all you want, for me, it's an affair. I am not saying that Dex should marry Darcy. That would be very wrong. He loves Rachel, that's for sure, but their decision to have an affair over confessing, that's disturbing, If I were Darcy, well, a lesser b***hy version of Darcy, I would have preferred them to come clean. People fall out of love, it happens...however, it's more honorable to come clean and man up if you want out since you started the relationship together, you should end it, together.

That's what I think. peace!

Post a Comment