Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

BOOK REVIEW: HAPPRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Assalamualaikum


When I told Fad I rate this 2 stars in Goodread, she was like "haaaaa tak best langsung ke?"and I have a hard time replying. The thing is, I enjoy the book. I surprisingly seriously do and the fact that it's a script makes it easier and faster to read, which is exactly what I need right now. For those of us who can't even go to the play, this script make us imagine a lot of things. I for example wondered how did they create the 2nd water task where they blew up Cedric and all. Making movies about magic is peanut but if you could pull a play, that's just mindblowing!

However, the fact that it's a script is also a minus point for the book. There's too much plot holes.There were a lot of areas that I wish were explored more...like the alternate reality thing. I wish we had that scene longer....I wish Albus has more time to repent on what he did..I wish Snape airtime (or is it booktime? storytime) were longer...and errrmmmm to explain in detail on how can someone like Voldermort, who'd spent most of his time human-form-less, can have a daughter?

Then again, JK Rowling could just poop Harry Potter, I'd still buy it.

Post a Comment