Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

DARK PAST

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Assalamualaikum

Remember when I got emotional about Darcy and Rachel's friendship here?. I promised to write about ditching my Darcy at 9 years old. So, here goes.

I don't talk about this a lot, in fact, I don't even remember sharing this with Ayu or Ain.. when I was in primary school, I was bullied. No, don't pity me yet. Hear this. I was bullied by different people from different schools. yes people, schools. This happens because we moved around a lot when I was younger. I changed school almost every year and I was bullied in every single one of them.

As a kid, I never belonged anywhere. I am not born in the same state, I don't speak the language (dialects), I looked and dressed a bit different, I'm famous everywhere and one thing I learn about girls throughout the years, girls generally hate overrated famous girls. and I am indeed, overrated....and timid. Easy target for everyone! Now you can start pitying me.

I don't remember their names or faces now, but I remember every little details of the situation that I am in. The most absurd experience is when this one girl tore her own quiz paper and submit mine as her own and tell the teacher that I am some psycho who don't like quizzes. -_______-

I won't go into details but something extreme happened when I was 9 in Sarawak and I finally snapped. I had enough of that shit and I am not ready to repeat this whole thing again in yet another foreign land. In the middle of hazing, I walked away. I DID! I stood up and walked away! okay more like walked really really fast towards the crowd. That bully was screaming my name and I refrained myself from turning back. I was so cool that day!

The next morning. That bully came to my desk and start pestering me with questions on why I did that why I did that? my respond, run! puhaaaaaaaaa. literally I mean. For about 3 days, the whole school witnessed the whole shenanigan. They might have thought we were two girls playing "catch me". I can laugh it off now but at that particular moment, I was super scared!

I guessed she got tired of chasing me, one day, I found a letter in my drawer saying "Kalau kau nak keluar, tulis bende ni 300 kali. "Saya tidak akan buat (insert bully name) marah lagi" puhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. -_____________________- I mean, need I say more? I finished the task and my life has been smooth sailing ever since then. =')


The point is, you are your own savior. I waited several years to be saved but no knight in shining armor came to rescue me. I stood up and save myself. Everything changes from that point onward. I was never again bullied I live a pretty decent life after that.

P/S: I am fearless! I forgot that I have it in me. This is a good reminder. 

Post a Comment