Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

CAMBODIA-VIETNAM BACKPACKING TRIP 5: MAGNIFICENT ANGKOR WAT

Sunday, December 18, 2016

[Percutian Bajet ke Kemboja-Vietnam]

Assalamualaikum



Hi....see how i postpone this entry for so long.*oh Spider is performing on TV* Ok I am back. Nothing interesting happened in Day 3. Basically we just visited several temples, took some pictures and that's it. Literally nothing interesting happened, I can't be humorous, we weren't miserable in Day 3 so I can't complain anything either. I have nothing to write! Yesterday I voiced out my frustration to Ayu...I beg her to give me something to work with guess what, she had to think, really hard, too!!! haih hidup susah tak boleh, hidup senang pun tak boleh. So guys, this post will be a bit boring. so brace yourself.

Sunrise view in Angkot Wat

In our dream! Among other day, this particular day, the day we excitedly planned sunrise for our vacation, we're late...miscommunication or something happened the point is we're late! We had to run for our tickets...and the fact that you have to buy it yourself since they need to take your picture for the ticket doesn't help either.

My admission ticket aka evidence that I am not a morning person (bloated!).

Oh other than nothing interesting happened, this could not be a picture heavy post either thanks to Amir, who accidentally used sunset mode to shoot our photos!!! *cry in corner* while his pictures look like this,


ours look like this

same place, same time -__________-

if you wanted to know what Angkor Wat or all other Angkor really looks like, google it guys cause you're not getting any from here!

Things worth remembering (for 40 year old me):

1. Atin's first crush. Atin had many crushes throughout our trip but she meet her first here, a really cute taiwanese guy, I think.

2. We visited Lara Croft filming site! walked on the same soil does this means we're friends now?


3. You can't leave Atin, Ayu or Amir alone on the street. I thought it's only Atin but Ayu and Amir pun sama! I wrote about the one dollar story in my previous post and you would have thought that people who went through that experience would have known better to never make eye contact and never ever show interest to products that these people are selling. A bit cold hearted but that's the only way to survive. It's normal to be swarm by kid vendors when you exit a temple but if you do just what I told you to do, you'll survive. These people, they're too weak! One minute they're with me the next minute they weren't. I waited for around 10 minutes on the Tuktuk alone until I saw them, not just them, each one of them, brought along 2 kids on their left and right! People, just say no!


4. There's this one temple where you have to enter from one side, then exit on the other so the rule is, you weren't supposed to walk the same path twice. When we entered, there was this one performance from a band. Again, with our experience, we were too scared to even look at the band. We walked really fast while avoiding eye contact. So when we met the same group again while exiting, we were confused. I mean, why are they here? They weren't supposed to be! Atin insisted that we're on the right path while Ayu insisted we're not. They make a bet that who's wrong has to pay for lunch. Little did we know, while ignoring what we told her to do, Atin looked at the band the first time around and she knew that this second time, it's not the same band! Suddenly it becomes "Find the difference" game where Atin pointed out everything that's different between both groups. Like how the other group was made of handicapped people while the other not, the difference in their instruments, Atin knew all! Sure enough, we were indeed, on the right path. Speaking of which, Ayu, you still owe Atin a lunch!


So that's it for now guys. tata.

Post a Comment