Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

JAPAN 2017 TRIP (EARLY SPRING) - DAY 2 [FUJI]

Sunday, December 10, 2017

[Bercuti ke Japan (Permulaan Musim Bunga) 2017 - Hari Kedua]

Full itinerary here


Assalamualaikum

Our bus from Tokyo to Lake Kawaguchiko was supposed to depart at 7 am and we did go out early, but again, Japan complicated train system; we got lost! In the stations itself, on our way to the bus station, in the mall, we got lost everywhere...Before this trip, when people told us the horrifying story of Japan's complicated subway/metro station, I scoff like "eleeeeh how hard could it be, people say the same thing about Korea but I've been there, the subway station is not that complicated once you get the hang of it, I am sure Japan is like that to," -____- I never learn my lesson am I? when will I stop saying nonsense? Why did I even open my mouth?! 

If you ask me, my personal opinion on having been to both Japan and Korea, I would say, don't even compare them. On the surface it kind of look similar; multiple stops, interchanges, lots of exits; similar. However, take Korea's train type, routes, coach, exits multiply by 5 and you'll get the number of routes and exits they have in Japan! Crazy big! (this is obviously an exaggeration but that's what I feel about it)

However, this is compensated with how nice Japanese are! Seriously, just show your blur face, without even asking for it, one or two Japanese will approach you to help. major love!

Good people that we met

1. This one uncle who walked us to the bus station. We thought it's the same route as where he's going so we accepted his offer but after he dropped us, he walked back to the opposite direction!
2. The mall guards who tried so hard with body language and all to make sure we understand completely the directions they gave when we can't understand Japanese.
3. Corporate people who was walking really fast while rushing to work but took time to stop to show us the correct exits.
4. The bus driver who hold the bus while we ran to collect our pre-booked ticket.

Before 7 am itself, we received help from approximately 8 people. <3

Lake Kawaguchiko

We bought the retro bus two days pass (which we later regretted as explain here) to explore the area.

If you're like us who's only there for one day, and are going to take red line, people would suggest you to stop at 22 (Oishi Park). The park is a tourist spot. It's decorated prettily with various flowers that I don't even know what it's called.

That day was a bit cloudy so the tip of the mount was covered by cloud. We did managed to see the full mountain without the cloud but it happened so fast, none of us manage to capture it on camera.




but, a local handsome english speaking man (had to put handsome and english speaking because this is rare!), told us, "if I were a tourist, i'll choose stop 22, but personally, I like 20 more,". When a local recommend you a local's favourite, you have to check it out because most of the time, it's worth it. Even if it is not, at least, you got to experience what the local experience.

So since 20 is not that far from 22, we decided to walk.


And like I said, whatever the local's recommend, normally, it would be good. This is 20.





We are not professional photographer but even our pictures turn out like this imagine you with better photography skill than us? 

TOKYO METROPOLITAN TOWER

To see the whole Tokyo....We went there for sunset. It's free too. The guard told us that we can see Mount Fuji from here, we tried but we just can't see it. Tell me if you can if you visit this tower in future. :)



Perfect end to a perfect day :)








okay I lie. That is not the end. I just wanted it to be because after that we walked around Tokyo just to get the feel of it and we ended up here,

This Robot cafe scared the hell out of me.

Things like this makes me realised that I am not as open as I thought I am.

Post a Comment