Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Emak xxth birthday

Sunday, February 18, 2018


Assalamualaikum

It was Emak's birthday, I woke up early to wish her. I waited at the hall for other family members to wake up too so that we can plan something for that day. 8 am,  no one. 9 am, no one. 10 am, still no one!.....dah lah I am going back to sleep! When I woke up again, everyone is now at the hall chatting, making plan and everything....damn it, I missed the whole family bonding time. Should have woken up late too =P

But this is what they've planned. We were to have lunch outside....and I have to pay anddd chose where to eat. What? What kind of plan is that? That is not even a pla--. That's just the p of a plan. Nevertherless, with just a p, I decided the timing (I took over Abah's job now), we all get ready and off we go.

To where?

Don't know. 

We were all sitting in the car, Faiz was driving, with still no IDEA where to go! They can't even help decide what type of food they wanted; chinese, malay, western, indonesian....just give me something. I wanted Homst so bad that day but you know, these people, they know only to reject but not give input (fyi I have two grown up brothers and you still think women are indecisive -_________- ) Luckily, I have bunch of foodie friends I turned to them to ask for opinion. Several suggestions came up, when Emak suddenly thought of western, and Fullhouse was the only western in that pool of suggestions, off to Fullhouse we go.

So we arrived at Fullhouse and Farid was like, "Akak tak boleh pilih tempat biasa biasa je ke? Kenape kene pilih tempat macam ni," The girlish deco make him cringe. grrrrrrggggrrrrrrr. Next time, you choose. Don't want to choose, don't complain. :P

Nevertheless, we still had fun. Except for Farid, he's not cool he's a lost cause. 


Happiest birthday to the person that I respect the most in the whole wide world. To the woman that I wish I'll grow up to be. Okay maybe not entirely, maybe half or a quarter, or a pinch, something, because I know, no matter how hard I try, I could not be as perempuan melayu terakhir as she is. It's true. She is. You can ask my friends, most of them met her, they know how graceful yet well rounded she is. She is this selfless person, as soon as she got married, she dedicated her whole life for the family, for my father, for us and this is not an overstatement. She literally dropped everything to focus on us. She never judge people (unless if you're a public figure I am sorry you'll be judged), always looking at the positive side to everything, simple minded, never overthinking things (unless if it is related to health) and to top it all of, she's beautiful too and I am not just saying this because she is my mother. I mean, look at her, she's pretty right? Can a person be this perfect? Happy birthday Emak, love you lots.

p/s: In case you think that I have a lovey dovey cutesy relationship with my mother, I do not. This are all words that I can only write and will never ever say it in person because of it's cheesiness and cringeworthiness  -______- but she read my blog. She knows what I feel. Which is why, whenever I wanted to give up on blogging, whenever I got afraid of putting everything in public, I could not stop...for moment like this. for moment when my written words reflect my true self more than my spoken words. When I can explain myself clearly, without the pressure of looking someone in the eyes and ended up speaking the wrong thing. For moment like this, I thank this blog.









Post a Comment