Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

How was Dubai?

Sunday, September 9, 2018


Assalamualaikum

Is a recurring question I received after I came back to work last Tuesday. The more I repeat, the lesser the details I give. One, I got lazier. Two, I forget! haha. #old

Before I forget even more details, I better pin it here.

How was it really?

Work
Well, everything is not as per standardised SWI and standardised template. No one to blame really. They were not part of the Finance Hub. They were a standalone GM. Whatever they have been using and the way they do things, everything is what they thought were the best method available. In the Hub, we have various geomarket and a lot more people to compare notes with, we combine heads and try to find the most effective and efficient way to do things. So yup, it's a bit messy and well, complicated. However, I am positive that once we bring it into our Hub, things are going to be better. (Did I just sound too commercially?)



Country
Much safer than Malaysia. Literally all the streets are monitored by CCTV...functioning CCTV, not just for display. So safe to the extend that you can leave all your valuables unattended, leave it on the restaurant's table, go to the restroom, come back, your valuables would still be there! Dekat Malaysia ni, u were there pun boleh tetibe hilang, inikan pergi toilet, lesap. Shri even said something about how safe it is for children. She said and I quote, "Do you know how stressful it is to bring kids out in Malaysia? Lagi lagi when you want to buy groceries. You kene pick groceries lagi, tengok anak you lagi, I sometimes tinggal je anak I dengan my mom sebab senang sikit. Here (Dubai), I think I can just let them play, lari ke apa ke I think I don't have to worry much,"

Weather
People has been talking about how hot it is during summer. Yes, it's hot we get it.

No. We don't get it. Untill you really experience the hotness, no, you will never get it. The moment we stepped out of the airport, we were like, "oh panas,". When you went outdoor, you feel like you went into a huge outdoor sauna. That's how bad it is. sauna weh sauna. The hot summer weather of Dubai makes Malaysia's hot tropical weather like meh, sejuk je rupanya Malaysia ni.

Food
Nothing can compare to Malaysian food. period. Thank God for a country with people who loves spicy food with lots of msg and salt.

Post a Comment