Assalamualaikum
Among various changes that comes with my new level of contentment is my respond towards mistakes.
TBH, before, I was a bit strict with mistakes, my own and others. When others make mistakes, I was quick to show my disappointment, I nagged them over and over and over again seriously, this is why all my colleagues call me strict (kuat marah).
If it is my own, first, there's denial. I used to think so highly of myself that when someone points on something wrong that I did, I would go into defensive mode. This normally happen when my bosses gave me "review points". I would be like "OMG small issue je kot. Setakat suruh update ni sikit diorang boleh update sendiri kot kenape nak kene list down dalam email?" If it is something obvious, macam mana pusing pun tak boleh deny dah, I would be sooooo disappointed with myself, I dwell on it for a while.
Last Friday, GM send me a loooooonnnngggg list of review points. Again, nothing big, just minor format change, minor things to be updated here and there. My new colleague got so worked up, "Alah simple camni je pun. Itu pun nak highlight ke? Dia boleh je tukar sendiri," I looked at him and smiled. That used to be me!!!!! and recently, I downloaded one report wrongly, that report was even used to submit VAT declaration, my GM was like, "why, how did this happen?" I was like "sorry, it's my mistake," I. own. up. to. my. mistake! I did not even make excuses! no but, no SWI says this bla bla bla.
I guess, at the end of the day, we are all humans..mistakes are going to be made, no matter how careful we are. Some of us are quick to learn and will never repeat it, some are a bit slow to catch up, whatever it is, accept that mistakes are going to keep happening, forgive and move on, don't be bitter about it. Life is bigger than this. ❤
I have really mature haven't I :P. #narcissist
Post a Comment