Assalamualaikum
Emak went for Umrah so I was left to manage the house. me? ha ha ha ha ha. TBH, this is not my first. I was left to manage the house back in 2011 but so much has change since then. For starters, that writing skill though, cringe! haha.
Other changes are;
I have now perfected "The Art of Getting My Brothers to Do Things for Me,". I used to nag them, a lot. "Main game je," , "ni kenapa sepah sepah ni," , " amboii dah makan bukan reti nak basuh kan," , "dah tau hujan kan kenape tak angkat kain,". Their respond, gaduh la of course. Perang perang mulut lepas tu memang tak la diorang buat that thing yang I suruh in the first place. grrrrrrgh.
As I mature, I realised, nagging doesn't solve anything. In fact, I think nagging makes it worst. 1.) It's bad for your emotion; both the nagger and naggee . The one who nags are going to be stress and grumpy, the one who was being nag will also feel stress and stuffy. 2.) It doesn't get things done.
So why nag?
I have to accept that both my brothers are senseless. They are not in the 1% of population who can pick up things without being told. They are like majority of people; they need to be told what to do.
That is exactly what I did. Told them what to do, nicely of course. If I wanted them to put out the trash, I'll tell them. If I wanted them to vacuum the house, I'll tell them. I no longer expect things to be done. I don't even get angry anymore if they did not bring in the laundry when it's raining. It's my fault. I should have told them "Kalau hujan tolong angkatkan kain," before I leave for work. -____-
If I were to talk deeper about this, I think, this, partly has to do with how women and men thinks differently. It wasn't as simple as branding them as senseless, it's because they don't care. My brothers are not lazy, they couldn't be bothered. It doesn't bother them that the house is messy. It doesn't bother them that the cloths are not dry so why must they do things that doesn't bother them? To them, they can still function without doing those things. but for me, all those things bothers me. It's an eyesore to me. I need everything to be where it belongs. Since it bothers me so much, I should do it right? but what's the point of having two healthy brothers? So I ask them to do things for me. Men or at least my brothers are not mind readers. They don't know that it bothers me. Unless I communicate, they'll assume everything is okay.
I think this applies to husband and wife as well. If your husband is among the 1%, lucky you! but if they are not, maybe this would help. :P
Emak purposely bought a lot of raw ingredients for us to cook;
Emak: ayam 3 ekor cukup ke?
Dik Yah: mana ada orang nak masak.
Emak: Kakak kan rajin masak bila mak takde.
-_____-"
It's true. I only cook when my mom wasn't around. The thing is, cooking doesn't come naturally to me so her presence in the house intimidate me!
A funny conversation we have in KLIA,
Emak: Abang (Farid) ni, main game jeeee. Macam mana adik nak respect kalau abang asyik main game je.
Me, Farid and Dikyah look at each other: puhahahahhahhahahaha
Me: Respect? apa tu? Dah terlambat Mak. Dah. Terlambat. Dah jadi buluh keras dah pun haaa.
That is exactly what I did. Told them what to do, nicely of course. If I wanted them to put out the trash, I'll tell them. If I wanted them to vacuum the house, I'll tell them. I no longer expect things to be done. I don't even get angry anymore if they did not bring in the laundry when it's raining. It's my fault. I should have told them "Kalau hujan tolong angkatkan kain," before I leave for work. -____-
If I were to talk deeper about this, I think, this, partly has to do with how women and men thinks differently. It wasn't as simple as branding them as senseless, it's because they don't care. My brothers are not lazy, they couldn't be bothered. It doesn't bother them that the house is messy. It doesn't bother them that the cloths are not dry so why must they do things that doesn't bother them? To them, they can still function without doing those things. but for me, all those things bothers me. It's an eyesore to me. I need everything to be where it belongs. Since it bothers me so much, I should do it right? but what's the point of having two healthy brothers? So I ask them to do things for me. Men or at least my brothers are not mind readers. They don't know that it bothers me. Unless I communicate, they'll assume everything is okay.
I think this applies to husband and wife as well. If your husband is among the 1%, lucky you! but if they are not, maybe this would help. :P
***
Emak purposely bought a lot of raw ingredients for us to cook;
Emak: ayam 3 ekor cukup ke?
Dik Yah: mana ada orang nak masak.
Emak: Kakak kan rajin masak bila mak takde.
-_____-"
It's true. I only cook when my mom wasn't around. The thing is, cooking doesn't come naturally to me so her presence in the house intimidate me!
Emak: Abang (Farid) ni, main game jeeee. Macam mana adik nak respect kalau abang asyik main game je.
Me, Farid and Dikyah look at each other: puhahahahhahhahahaha
Me: Respect? apa tu? Dah terlambat Mak. Dah. Terlambat. Dah jadi buluh keras dah pun haaa.

Post a Comment