Assalamualaikum
The other day, I was watching Matrimonial Chaos on TV and Emak joined me. She was like, "cerita ape ni?". I replied "Cerita pasal couple tak gaduh pun, tapi tak bahagia so cerai,". The following day, I watched Go Back Couple, and there is this one scene where both Jin Joo and Ban Do stared sadly at each other when they passed each other on the street, both were jealous that the other person was under an umbrella with someone else. Emak was like, "kenapa die jealous? Die suka orang tu ke?" and I was like, "Tak lah, tu ex husband die. Baru bercerai,". The moment I said it, realisation came; I've watched too many stories about unhappy couple! Both dramas are about divorce and fixing relationship. I know right, why this kind of theme again after Familiar Wife? -___-"
GO BACK COUPLE
This drama was released during my drama slump, 2017 so I missed it. I only realised this drama exist through comment section in Familiar Wife's article. A lot of people were bashing Familiar Wife for being too similar to Go Back couple. Curious me, Go Back Couple? cerita apa ni tak pernah dengar pun mesti tak best. Boy was I wrong! I love Go Back Couple more than Familiar Wife....which says a lot considering I love Ji Sung and Han Ji Min more as an actor/actress but I still choose Go Back Couple.
First thing first, Jang Nara keep apologising to the public for portraying a 20 year old college girl when she's actually 37 but how can Jang Nara be 37???? Her face hasn't change since Successful Story of a Bright Girl how is this possible?
On to the story line, this drama explore deeper on why their relationship fail in the first place. Similar to Familiar Wife, both don't know how to express themselves. They hardly confront each other when things go wrong, they just argue bitterly, and as any normal couple would do, they took each other for granted. Things that they would appreciate in the beginning, like Ban Do buying medicine for Jin Joo, was brushed off as something obligatory/expected after 10 years of marriage, thus no more "thank you".
With Familiar Wife, I hate different people in different POV. I hate the wife when we're in the husband POV and I hate the husband when we're given the wife's POV. But for Go Back Couple, I don't hate any of them. They were both considerate people, but they hesitated, thus being too unhappy while together. If only they communicate more, they would not need to get a divorce in the first place.
"Let's get a divorce. We're too unhappy together. I am unimaginably unhappy,"
"Let's get a divorce. We're too unhappy together. I am unimaginably unhappy,"
"At one point in life, We begin to take some things for granted...because we get comfortable and used to them. We live on considering the kindness of our love and the happiness that I have are something I deserve and took them for granted,"
"Back then, instead of ignoring and neglecting our problems, and relying on the saying time heals all wounds, we should have untangled our knotted heart one by one, before the huge tangled ball of yarn swallows us whole one day. "
MATRIMONIAL CHAOS
Memang chaos pun. This drama is about two couple.
The first couple divorce due to the same reason like Go Back Couple and Familiar Wife; don't know how to communicate.
The second couple got a divorce because they were always on edge, trying to be the perfect husband/wife, always have a smile on their face, when really, they're dying inside. Both were afraid that they can't make the other person happy. I know right, what kind of mess is this?
One thing different about this drama is on Jo Seok Moo character, he's an introvert who prefers to be alone, he never thought he would marry, but somehow, he got married. Sounds like yours truly! His concern about marriage is exactly what I have too!
"We can't choose our family,"
"So is a spouse a family member that we can choose?"
"I think, a husband and his wife hating each other is the scariest thing. They have the closest bond.They love each other the most. If they still hate each other, that's really intense. It's too extreme. So let's not do that. It's scary."
"I have a question. Back then, our marriage registration, why didn't you submit it? Were you scared?"
"You hated yourself and I hated myself. That means that we'd hate each other,"
"You hated yourself and I hated myself. That means that we'd hate each other,"
"will you go?"
"Why? Should I not go?"
"I have no right to say. I am not your husband,"
"Ermmmm....even if you were, you'd still not have the right. It's strange. Marriage makes you misunderstand things. You might think you can say things to your spouse. You order them around using love as an excuse, but in reality, you're just doing what you want. Is that what a married couple does? They interfere in everything. They declare ownership over everything. They also have obligations. In the end, they walk on eggshells."
***
Having said all this, on all the dramas, my second lead syndrome was bad! Till the end, I still hope all the ladies choose different ending for themselves; choose the better guy!
***
So if you're embarking on this same journey of watching a divorce genre dramas, here is my preference:
Go Back Couple > Matrimonial Chaos > Familiar Wife
Bear in mind that my drama preference has always been about content over funny or actor.


Post a Comment