Assalamualaikum
Several years ago, when I was introduced to this book "Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office," I was like, why the fixation on corner offices? What's so nice about it? If you're the boss and you don't have corner office, is your life not complete? not as awesome as having a corner office? *this is my thoughts during my uni days*
Now that I am working, I can definitely tell you, corner offices are awesome. It has windows! Actual windows with outside view. In an office full of computers and serious people, isn't that a dream; a window.
Andddddddd, do you know where I sit?
ta-daaaaaa! No not the one with the purple pillow. Mine is the other side, not even visible in the picture. Oh the one with that pink strap slippers and shoes box!
Okay not really a corner office, more like a corner cubicle but it's the corner cubicle. The place is so nice, everyone wants it I tell you. The biggest reason is of course the wall, no one can see what you're doing. No need to LLB. You can actually play without worrying your boss might come and surprise you from the back. In the beginning, I have to fight for it with my previous boss. He promised me the seat when he sent me to the battlefield (Dubai), so when I came back, he was seating at the place, my place! Nice me let him have it until his actual transfer day. Luckily it was only for 1 weeks. If it is more than that, I might have secretly move his stuff at night.
Although most of my friends want my place, a big lot of them, especially the extroverts, thought that we should move. The place is so isolated. It's only the three of us in an isolated island, they think that it's too lonely. They want us to move to the mainland (where my other colleagues are); and mingle.
Big boss: Why are the GOLD team there? You should move them here.
My boss: I don't have anymore space here.
Big boss: Ya but still. Don't you think they'll feel left out? They are so isolated.
Us: No we're not. We can feel H's (my boss) love from here.
So please don't mind us. We are happy exactly where we are. Leave us alone!
P/S: I should enjoy this while it lasted. I can feel that we might need to move in H2 when the new restructuring wave kicks in T-T


Post a Comment