Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

HIGH SCHOOL REUNION!

Friday, December 21, 2018



......that happen in March tapi baru nak update sekarang. -_____-"


Assalamualaikum

It was supposed to be last year because that's the actual 10th year after leaving school but oh well, letup is part of our motto so that did not happened. Luckily, some of us took initiative and took actual steps, organised actual meeting to push this through....and I, the shy me from school, somehow got dragged into being one of the committee. haha. It shocked almost all my close friends.

If I were to be completely honest, I did not want to be part of the committee. It was during my peak period where I'd to push myself to stay late nights at the office, I had to be in office on some weekends too and as if that wasn't enough, I had to add my commitment and be a part of the organiser of this reunion, life was just too demanding at that time. However, if I were to compare myself and the responsibilities the rest of the committee members had, huh, mine was peanuts. Looking at how diligent they were, doing things for free, without getting paid, how can I complain? Such dedication to fulfill a promise; 10th year anniversary reunion, they deserve recognition.

Part of the comittee members. I salute their dedication and their effort in bracing it all and make this happen. Only we know what happen behind close door. The frustration, the desperation, the disappointment, thankfully we made it out alive.

For the reunion, I decided to make this as the door gift! My first attempt at creating a door gift out of something that I love. I did not do all this alone. Emak and Dik Yah helped. It was a fun project. On top of this, I was in charge of something else that I love too; making montage videos. Although I like how it turns out, everything was still very amateur-ish. Thankfully our professional photographer friend Lutfi wasn't around if not I would have die out of embarrassment right there and then. 

Survival tips when taking pictures with skinny pretty friends: Hide behind them

It was supposed to be a formal event complete with official program flow but oh well, that did not happen. It was just a total chaos. As soon as people came in, no one sat still. People were too busy walking, eating and taking picture it was impossible to follow the set itinerary. In the end, we just let things flow naturally. I guess, some things never change. We are still the rebellious, loud bunch like we were in high school.

Kids! It's a bit unrealistic if it has been 10 years since you left school if there were no kids around, don't you think?

Last but not least, of course, the usual. P/S: In case you're wondering why I took photos with the same person over and over again, it's probably because they are my only friends. -___-" #introvertproblem


All in all, the event was a success. A lot of our friends praised the event saying they enjoyed themselves. In the moment of weakness, Kerry almost make a promise for 20th anniversary. Almost je lah because we stopped him before he talked. Let's not make anymore promises shall we.

Post a Comment