Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

WEEKEND GATEAWAY DECEMBER 2018: PENANG (FOOD EDITION)

Wednesday, December 19, 2018


Assalamualaikum

In case you thought that I concluded my Penang entry already, how dare you! How can we conclude Penang without an entry about food. hehe. 

We planned for a lot of food hunting. Like a lot....but in reality, we don't even complete half of the list. With my fever and old age, my digestive system could not keep up with the list. #sad

This is the ones that we manage to try:

1. Deen's Maju Nasi Kandar

If this is in your itinerary, be prepared to queue for at least one hour. Is the queue worth it though? VERY! To give you a backstory, I grew up with Mamak food. My late father loved Mamak food especially Nasi Kandar. So rightfully, I inherited his love towards Nasi Kandar. I take my Nasi Kandar very seriously, and with this, I hereby, approve this restaurant. ✩✩✩✩✩ The kuah campur, perghhhhh.

2. Roti Canai Ayam Cheese Gemas Road


First thing first, is it tasty? Very! Taking the fancy ayam, cheese and telur dadar aside, the roti canai itself is the bomb dot com, even writing this make me crave for it. BUT, but with a bold and capital letter, BUT, hygiene is a serious issue for this stall. There I said it. When I was researching the stall, I am actually quite surprise that no one talks about it. Everyone said it was delicious (I don't argue) but no one talks about the hygiene issue. This is not something that happen behind close door, bukannya kat dapur belakang ke ape, it's at the store front! For starter, the boss himself, he handled payment, which means he touched money, and he also handled the roti canai, he's the one who tore the roti canai in pieces. Did he washed his hands? no. Did he wore plastic glove? no. Secondly, the waiters were no different. They're the one who took order, they're the one who prepared the food (directly touching it), they're the one who served the food, they're the one who wiped the table. Again, did they washed their hands? no. Did they wore plastic glove? no. 

I contemplate a lot on whether I should write this here but then I remember my clean freak friend Sisob, she'll be really disappointed if she excitedly came here only to realise she can't eat the food. So I hope this at least provide you guys some sort of guidance.

3. Penang Road Famous Teochew Cendol

Aside from Nasi Kandar, I also take my cendol seriously. For this, I am sorry Penang Road Famous Teochew Cendol, I am already a loyal fan of Cendol Durian Borhan.

But this char kuey teow goreng with duck egg is superb. The three of us shared a plate, I secretly wish we didn't.  :'(

Additional:

We stopped by Ipoh to cater to one of my craving:

1. Laksa Telur Bersarang!

The best laksa in town, try to fight me.

Post a Comment