Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

RANDOM: BURUK SIKU

Friday, February 15, 2019


Assalamualaikum

I was putting on aloe vera on my elbow and I was like, "Why did someone who take back something that they've given to someone else is called "buruk siku" in Malay?"......this, has been stuck in my mind for dayssss.

Whyyyyyyy?

I mean, I know it's an idiom but a lot of Malay idioms have their own story....like how doing things halfheartedly is called "melepaskan batuk ditangga," because in those days, if you melepaskan batuk ditangga, you are half-assing things....but what about buruk siku?

I googled it you know (yup I am that curious). No one seems to know. So of course, my imagination run wild.

I imagine it'd probably went like this,

Person A was taking something that he/she had given to Person B....B was feeling bitter about it and try to find something to degrade A.....A had really ugly elbow so B went out like, "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee buruk siku," and the rest, my friends, is history.


I mean, how buruk is your siku for someone to pinpoint that out???? Did aloe vera not exist in those days?

#thingsirandomlystressabout -__________-

Post a Comment