Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

BETTER GO MINIMALIST

Friday, March 1, 2019


Assalamualaikum

As part of trying to lead the minimalist life, I do major room cleaning quarterly or when it became so cluttered I have no space for new items. I blame my impulse purchase instinct -_______- So as I was separating stuff to sell, gift or throw, this thought came into my mind,

How long do people hold on to a dead person's stuff?
 I know you might say "forever" but please note that "forever" is a very long time. You might hold on to your spouse/siblings/parents/friends stuffs but what about your children? or your grandchildren?

E.g. a woman died. The sentimental and emotional husband never throw her things, he kept everything. One day, the husband died. So the children, again, being sentimental, they kept everything. Sometime in the future, the children will eventually die too. So will the grandchildren keep the grandparents' belonging? I wonder. If, again, at this point in time, they too, are too sentimental to throw stuffs, one day, they will also pass away. Now, will the grand grandchildren keep all the stuffs? I doubt they'd feel any sort of attachment to people they've never even met.

Which leads me to this realisation,
Worldly material things has no value after you passed away
Or as we always call it
Bukan boleh bawak mati punnnn
Then why are we soooo focus on acquiring worldly things <designers stuffs, the latest technology, prettiest car, huge house> all for what? necessities, I understand. We need it to live....but things like collectibles, why bother? In the future, it's going to be junk anyway.

One car, necessity. two cars, why? One handbag, necessity, a dozen, ahemmm. #terasa


My future junk is mostly my letters, journals and diaries. Lagilah why should my future generation keep kan? So to whoever have to clean my house when I die, burn everything immediately. It's okay....I won't resent you. <3

Post a Comment