Assalamualaikum
Today, this happen,
A colleague came to find another colleague who's on compassionate leave, Let's just call her G.
G: Do you know where H seats?
Me: *Points at her seat* There...but she's not in today.
G: Why?? *slightly annoyed*
Me: Her mother just passed away.
G: Hish (now looking really annoyed)...when she'll be back?
Me: Either Friday or next week.
G: Okay lah *angrily walks away*
I obviously don't know the full story. For all I know, G really needs H urgently, "right here right now" kind or situation....but....I don't know man...isn't "hish" a bit too much to respond to someone else's bad news? I mean, work is important (debatable), but don't make it so important until it makes us less as a human. Be understanding, be kind, always.
***
Honestly speaking, I know some people lack empathy, if this is us, try to at least fake condolences before we "hish" the whole situation. Start small, fake it till you make it. I think that's the humane way to go.
Post a Comment