Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

BE SELFISH

Wednesday, September 18, 2019


Assalamualaikum

Talking to Y has always been interesting. She's an over thinker. I am too but she's the chronic type. She has all this interesting ways of looking at things that even little things can stress her out. For the record, I am not in any way trying to belittle her worries, if you know her and her personality type, all her worries are valid worries, for her.

I think we're a great combo. She's the worrier, I am the INFJ. She talks, I listen. She shares her problem, I share my views on the problem.

I obviously can't share the whole story (nak kene balun ke ape), but here's the short, blogable version;

She is in a situation where she's always on her toe. She can't be happy when good things happen to her because someone will get jealous. Whenever something good happen, she always keep it to herself, she'll tell some people, but even then, it's done in secrecy. Like most secrets, sooner or later, it will eventually get out and when this happen, the one who's bitter about it will be bitter and Y, being the worrier that she is, she'll be sooooo stress, it affects her emotion.

Are you Y? Is what others think and their feelings important to you too?

Recently, something good happen. Something good that the other person has been fighting for, is happening to her. She keep it in as secret, but she's not happy about it. Everyday, she's scared if that other person would find out the truth and make a big noise about it.

What would you do? Not in her shoes, but what you, as your own version of you, would do if you were to face the same scenario?


What I tell her I would do;

I would just tell the person. One, because I give myself credit when it's due and if it's something that I am proud of, I want to celebrate it openly. Two, I still value that person as a friend and I know how bad that person want that thing, I would want him to know the whole story. I would want him to fight for his right too. If he wanted too. TBH, after I tell the truth, I have no intention to take ownership of how that person would react to the whole scenario. If he took it positively and complained through proper channel, great. If he decided to blame me for his missed opportunity, that's not really my problem right? He can feel what he wants to feel. 

Sounds selfish right? Oh well, that's me. I would sympathise, I would listen to his worries too, but I don't want to stress myself over something I can't control ie. his reaction.

***

Have your own standard of living. Know what is the right thing to do. Know how to be a good person. Be a good person. People would react, positively or negatively, that's not your concern. Just focus on being you, the good version of you.

Post a Comment