Assalamualaikum
Being older has made me pickier in choosing the drama I want to watch. As we all know, I don't watch dramas just for entertainment. Dramas are like books for me to other people. It's where I learn to think, to be creative and to reflect on life....and to be honest, it's been a long time since any dramas inspire me in any way. What happen writers? What happen production crews?
There are several reasons why I brace myself to start this series. One, the poster. They made it obvious that the main characters are women and secondly, the storyline. It's about search companies like Google and Yahoo, I always wanted to know more about the industry and TBH, it's an eye opener. I don't know there's so much work being put on just for something as simple as trending list.
The first thing that I notice just minutes into the drama, damn the cinematography! The camera used, the colours, the shots, the editing work, they make the whole experience aesthetically pleasing. Every single shot was so well thought off and the editing was so superb. Is it weird that whenever something brilliantly edited came out on screen I squeal?
All the pictures below are screen captured from the actual drama. Tell me if it's not pretty.
This screen capture don't even do justice to the actual editing work.
As for the characters, there was no one outstanding. There's no one with superhuman ability, no one super rich, no one super rude, no one super introvert, no one super extrovert, no one super weird. Everyone was written as realistically as possible. Take the female lead Bae Ta Mi for example. In normal dramas, she would have been written as someone selfish, someone serious, not friendly with other people but good on the job so everyone just has to put up with her being rude. Not this drama. She's still a loner sure, but she's not rude, in the first episode alone, she even invite a stranger to eat with her at the diner, she makes mistakes, she openly admit that she doesn't know it all, she has many flaws. So does other characters. They are all so relatable.
As always with all my other favourite dramas, this drama makes me think, a lot.
A conversation between Tami and Brian
Mogun to Tami about being young;
There are several reasons why I brace myself to start this series. One, the poster. They made it obvious that the main characters are women and secondly, the storyline. It's about search companies like Google and Yahoo, I always wanted to know more about the industry and TBH, it's an eye opener. I don't know there's so much work being put on just for something as simple as trending list.
The first thing that I notice just minutes into the drama, damn the cinematography! The camera used, the colours, the shots, the editing work, they make the whole experience aesthetically pleasing. Every single shot was so well thought off and the editing was so superb. Is it weird that whenever something brilliantly edited came out on screen I squeal?
All the pictures below are screen captured from the actual drama. Tell me if it's not pretty.
![]() |
| Wehhh ni scene meeting je kot perlu ke shot cantik2 jugak <3 |
This screen capture don't even do justice to the actual editing work.
As for the characters, there was no one outstanding. There's no one with superhuman ability, no one super rich, no one super rude, no one super introvert, no one super extrovert, no one super weird. Everyone was written as realistically as possible. Take the female lead Bae Ta Mi for example. In normal dramas, she would have been written as someone selfish, someone serious, not friendly with other people but good on the job so everyone just has to put up with her being rude. Not this drama. She's still a loner sure, but she's not rude, in the first episode alone, she even invite a stranger to eat with her at the diner, she makes mistakes, she openly admit that she doesn't know it all, she has many flaws. So does other characters. They are all so relatable.
![]() |
| Parody of Goblin famous scene |
***
A conversation between Tami and Brian
"When I was young, I thought I would be a perfect adult by the time I am 38. An adult that knows the answers to everything and that only makes good decisions. But do you know what I've realised when I turned 38? Even if my decision was right, the outcome may not be," Said Tami.Tami to Mogun on the subject of being old; (I should explain. Tami is the female lead and she's 10 years older than the male lead, Mo Gun)
Brian responded with "Do you know what happens when you're 48? Spoiler alert. What's right and what's wrong? If something is right for me, is it right for others too? If it's wrong for me, is it wrong for others too? No matter how sure I am that I'm going the right way, just remember one thing, I could be a bastard to someone,"
"I am 38 years old. At 38, no one jumps into something knowing how it'll end. At 38, people know to much to ignore it. We know how things will turn out too well. That's why we give up before we begin. There's no damage in giving up. Passion is finite and love is no longer the master of passion. Survival is,"
"I must seem pathetic to you," said Mo Gun.
Ta Mi continued "No, I am jealous. Love is still the master of passion to you,"
Mogun to Tami about being young;
"I don't care what happens even if I 'm fired. Because I don't know what will happen. That's why I must do what I want to do. I never give up. This is what a 28 year old is like. There's unlimited passion and the master of my passion right now is me."I am only 29 but how come I feel like I can relate more with Ta Mi than Mo Gun?






Post a Comment