Assalamualaikum
From Surah Yusuf,
Kill Yusuf or cast him out to another land, only then, the favour of your father may be given to you alone, and after that you’ll be righteous people. (Yusuf 12:9)
In this ayah, Yusuf’s brothers were brainstorming on what to do with Yusuf; they were jealous that their father Ya’akub only had eyes for Yusuf and his brother (although this is just their perception, I mean come onnn, do you tell me that Ya’akub, a prophet played favouritism? Of course no)
If I were to read this surah alone, I wouldn’t think this deep about the ayah...I would be like okay they’re bad people.
However, during last Sunday session of Ramadan Daily Dose, The Handsome Story of Yusuf, this ayah was discussed in depth. You see, from this ayah, Prophet Yusuf's brothers knew what they were about to do is wrong, but they still proceed to do it anyway and contradictory enough, after they get rid of Yusuf, they plan to be good people. Only after they do that hideous act, they wanted to repent.
What are they doing here?
They’re committing sin with the intention to repent.
However, during last Sunday session of Ramadan Daily Dose, The Handsome Story of Yusuf, this ayah was discussed in depth. You see, from this ayah, Prophet Yusuf's brothers knew what they were about to do is wrong, but they still proceed to do it anyway and contradictory enough, after they get rid of Yusuf, they plan to be good people. Only after they do that hideous act, they wanted to repent.
What are they doing here?
They’re committing sin with the intention to repent.
This makes me reflect so much on my life right now. How many times did I asked Allah to wait? I’ll be doing something that he doesn’t like but in my heart I’ll be like “Ya Allah sorry buat jugak bende ni, tapi kalau tak buat nanti jadi xyz,” or sometimes I’ll be like “hmmmm takpe kot buat macam ni sekarang, nanti dah tua tak buat dah,” To me, those things were not that big, I mean, at least I didn’t kill, steal, or drink alcohol or something. But here’s the thing about bad deed done consistently, it’ll make the tiny black spot you have in your heart, the portion of syaitan, bigger and bigger until it completely turns your heart black.
Where is your Sami’na wa ata’na (I hear and I obey) dear self? :(
Do you do it too? Postponing your good deeds for later? When is later? Is later even promised to us? What if tomorrow, or to be dramatic, what if in the next hour our time is up? Later never came and we never repent; then we’re truly became the ones in a loss. T-T
When is the best time to start? Now. We might not have later but we have now for sure. May Allah ease your journey back to him. <3
When is the best time to start? Now. We might not have later but we have now for sure. May Allah ease your journey back to him. <3
Post a Comment